My name is Danielle but I've always gone by Dani. I'm originally from San Antonio but I currently live in Spring, Texas, which is just north of Houston. I plan on majoring in mathematics and completing the MAT program here at Trinity. In high school I was a state ranked wrestler. I'm not really that involved on campus at the moment. In high school, I took a computer animation course but that is the extent of my past computer experience. I'm interested in teaching Calculus at either the high school or university level.
In regards to the Time Person of the Year, I feel the article illustrates how the Internet has taken over a major part of life. Most people tend to focus on the negative events of the year and fail to see the positives. Instead of focusing on the conflict in the world the article highlighted the sense of community that was built from technological advances. It is through technology that the entire population able to communicate. It is, in a sense, a global common ground. There is no way to predict the success of this common ground, but like most things that could lead to global unity, it is worth the risk of failure.
Monday, January 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wow- you will have to teach me some animation!
I certainly agree with you, Dani, that "like most things that could lead to global unity, it is worth the risk of failure." There are so many ways to share, learn and understand that weren't available when I was your age and are now possible through technology. It's a daunting responsibility we have to use it for good rather than ill.
Post a Comment